With so much information on the internet about tours and operators, I thought I'd take a moment to reflect on what makes a great customer :) While we love to work with all kinds of people, there some attributes of great customers that make us literally jump for joy. (Yes, that's me and some of our team in the pic :)
Here are five characteristics of customers that we absolutely love:
1) They let us do our job :) We love to develop custom itineraries, but every once in awhile a customer will "over research" and want to design every hour and route of a tour. This forces us (actually me) to explain why we choose the route, timing, sites, etc. That's ok, but it just takes a lot of time and the whole purpose of a custom tour is to stay flexible to learn, enjoy and refine as you go!
2) They share their needs and timing upfront! We often get a request like this, "I need a three day tour in April."
3) They understand the itineraries are flexible. (conditions change)
4) They don't over negotiate the price. We are honest..
5) They are open to trying new things! This is usually not a problem... but hey China is different..
6) They respect all team members. To make the perfect tour, we rely on several key roles...and they all add a tremendous amount of value. Of course my role as operator :) but our guide's are trained professional, our drivers are experts at navigating the city's streets (and parking) and even
Jenny is a professional tour operator in Shanghai, China. She provides custom English-spoken tours to visitors from all over the world.
Enjoy tips to visit Shanghai and call us to develop your perfect tour +86 186 2171 9434